I am an enthusiastic UX designer and developer with an extensive range of technical and creative expertise. My personable manner, communication skills and highly motivated approach allows me to work proficiently, both autonomously and in a team. I have very good verbal and written communication skills, work well under pressure and use a high level of organisational and time management skills to deliver projects on deadline and always to the highest quality output.
Most recent employment
User experience designer
April 2012 – December 2016
My responsibilities as a UX Designer include user research, personas, user journeys, functional prototypes and wireframes and information architecture. I work in a cross-functional team to deliver web experiences that delight users and clients alike. At a project’s commencement I establish the relevant UX approach for the creative concept and follow them through an agile workflow. I have run workshops with clients and conducted field research to gain insight into target audiences and shape the UX deliverables. I continually research to improve products and establish the most effective interfaces, as well as conducting further user testing and analytics reviews to uncover enhancements. These findings are reported back to the team and other stakeholders. I have also been responsible for some UI design, with the goal to create attractive and useable interfaces that adhere to best practices in web standards, design patterns and accessibility requirements. The range of products I have worked on include responsive websites and eDMs (with some HTML/CSS and WordPress development), interactive design prototypes, rich media ads, video for OOH and social media material.
Freelance Designer and Developer
May 2011 – April 2012 & June 2008 – February 2010
I worked in-house at Igloo, DTDigital, George Patterson Y&R and Sputnik Agency. During this time I helped to design and/or build various Flash applications, websites, eDMs and banners. Over the years I’ve had the privilege of working for several of Melbourne’s top advertising agencies including Clemenger Digital, McCann Erickson, Cummins Nitro, August, Sense Advertising, SMART and The Campaign Palace. During this time I worked on teams that created many successful online campaigns for brands like Mercedes Benz, Dulux, National Australia Bank, L’Oreal, Fosters Group, SUNA Traffic, KMART, YellowPages, Jeanswest, AFL, Virgin Blue, Media Monitors and Hocking Stuart, Honda, BMW, Quit, Mazda, Realestateview and Schweppes. My roles have varied within each agency, but I’ve primarily been employed to take creative ideas from concept to finished online media, including interactive microsites, landing pages, banners (expandable ads, streaming media and page dominant ads) and eDMs. I have been required to work autonomously, thinking ahead to preempt any optimisation issues with concepts and to recommend practical working solutions. All projects required keen attention to detail to ensure all output was on-brand and of a high quality. Within each organisation I collaborated with project stakeholders (producers, copywriters, art directors, creative directors and other designers) to further enhance project outcomes and innovations.
Senior Flash developer
February 2010 – April 2011
At Atomic Media I have developed many online campaigns for Officeworks, Fernwood Fitness and Cricket Australia. In particular I’ve had the opportunity to develop websites in Flash using my AS3 and OOP skills. I’ve been able to incorporate technologies into these projects like Away3D, Box 2D, Facebook API, Google Maps API and SWFAddress, using Flash Builder as my scripting tool and Smart GIT as version control.
In addition to the developer role I have also been involved in creative concepts and brainstorming, hiring and coordination of freelance developers and lending my overall experience to the team.
Senior Multimedia Developer
May 2007 – June 2008
• Creative & technical consultation for all interactive work
• Flash animation and programming of websites and banners
• Actionscript programming – integrated with PHP and XML
• Develop Flash front-ends for CMS controlled sites
• Motion graphics/animation programming for eye-catching advertising
• Development of sites with HTML/CSS.
• Maintenance and updates of existing sites (inc. file management with ftp)
• Tracking site traffic (inc. Flash sites)
• Streamline production processes/file management/knowledge database
• Photograph and image research and sourcing
• Concept designs for websites (wireframes).
• Mentor junior developers
Thomson Learning Australia
Media production developer
April 2005 – October 2006
• CD-ROM and web development
• Graphical User Interface design
• Coordination of software testing
• Integration of Acrobat documents into a Director application
• Recruitment and management of freelance developers
• Contribution to weekly multimedia and production meetings
Harcourt Education Australia
Multimedia designer/developer and project developer
July 2000 – September 2002 and October 2003 – August 2004
• • CD-ROM and web development
• Graphical User Interface design
• Concept development and storyboards
• User interface and information architecture design
• Liaisons with educational experts
• Illustration – hand and computer drawn
• Picture research
• Recruitment of freelancers and contraction of company employees
• Brief and coordinate interactive freelance developers and illustrators
February 2000 – July 2000
Photograph products and prepare images for website.