Spirit of Tasmania Refurbishment

To inform loyal Spirit followers and attract new visitors we created a microsite that would follow the story of the ship’s refurbishment. The site beautifully displays content from initial concept images, to video content of the renovations and then the final result.

Workshop

I ran a workshop with the client to establish requirements of the project. We established the timelines for design and development and also how the different stages of the refurbishment would be displayed on the site. The end result was a sketch of the content types and information architecture. This artefact was then taken immediately into the design phase.

Wireframes and user testing

From the sketches and in collaboration with the client’s development team I created wireframes in Axure to reflect the content structure and how the media would be displayed.

I then tested the wireframes with a selection of people, which reinforced the notion that the site was easy to use and intuitive.

Visual design

At the time of this microsite’s launch the visual style of The Spirit of Tasmania’s other collateral was entirely outdated. Working from creative concepts from the team, I created a more modern visual style. It was so loved by the client they adopted it for the refresh of the main website.

Home Timer and Hardware – Hardest Hands – competition site
British Paints – website relaunch